Oooooh friend….I am super jazzed to pass on this recipe to you. But let me rewind…
Andy and I were doing a tough-love food elimination plan to try and target some foods that made us feel “ick” and to get us off the sugar habit. But this posed one BIG problem:
This plan fell right during Super Bowl Sunday. One of the biggest eating days of the year.
We dreaded this, but planned in advance. We filled a cooler with:
- Fruit-infused carbonated drinks (I like the Blackberry Cucumber La Croix you can get at Target)
- Rx Bars
- and…..THESE WINGS
These wings are THE BOMB—and they are not fried. But don’t worry–you aren’t going to sacrifice crispiness at all.
These wings have the perfect lemon flavor to them and a ridiculous crisp. But here’s my favorite part—THESE were the hit of our Super Bowl party. It wasn’t just us victims of a food elimination plan enjoying them, everyone loved them!!!
And now, you get to add this to your party-pleasing arsenal:
Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1 package of chicken wings
- Lemmon pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter
- Put wings on a wire rack rested on top of a cookie sheet
- Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown on one side, flip, then cook until golden brown on the other side (you want them crispy to touch)
- Mix 2T lemon pepper (we mix cheap lemon pepper with trader joe’s lemon pepper), 1 tsp salt, zest of 1 lemon in a small bowl, set aside
- Melt 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter
- Toss wings in butter
- Season to taste with lemon pepper mixture.
If you want more family-friendly recipes, then you’ll love my FREE 5-Day Healthy Kickstart. It features a meal plan with tasty recipes, free workouts, and an incredibly supportive private community. Fill in your info below to join: