When Andy and I recently traveled to Maui, we did what we usually do when we travel. We looked online to find all of the Maui places that were featured on the Food network.We tried a few places, but what cracked us up was that what we loved the most wasn’t the expensive, fancy restaurants (sorry Morimoto!), but this cheap fish taco place! We loved it so much, we went multiple times. We even turned into little hobbits and had multiple lunches going back to there! But it was awesome!
Actually Curtis Stone has a whole video about it. You can check it out here.
So when we got home, we made it our mission to re-create the recipe. And we have! Not only that, but it is TOTALLY 21 Day Fix-Friendly. I kid you not!
Ready for it?
Paia Fish Market – Fish Tacos
- 2 Tilapia Filets
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 3T butter
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or I just used cut up cherry tomatoes and cilantro)
- Pink salt
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Cut up tilapia into 1 inch pieces, season with salt and black pepper
- Cook in pan with butter
- Once it is cooked, flake apart into small, flaky pieces. Squeeze lemon on top
- In another pan, put tortilla on pan, top with 1T cheese, an cook until melted.
- Repeat until you are done with all tortillas
- Then assemble–put fish onto tortilla, top with pico and lettuce
On the 21 Day Fix, two tacos comes out to 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green, and 1 teaspoon